SEP Lessons is an online library of lesson plans developed by teachers and scientists in SEP’s partnership programs.
- Download Anatomy of a Lesson Plan, a tool that will help you generate a lesson plan.
- Download Strategies for Involving all Students, suggestions for giving students opportunities to talk about science, handle materials, and think for themselves.
SFUSD Science Department
The SFUSD Science Department webpage: https://www.sfusd.edu/departments/science
- Frequently Asked Questions page: http://www.sfusdscience.org/faqs.html
- Timeline of NGSS Implementation in SFUSD
Next Generation Science Standards (NGSS) Resources:
- NGSS website: https://www.nextgenscience.org/
- NSTA’s (National Science Teacher Association) NGSS hub: http://ngss.nsta.org/
Especially helpful is the “Classroom resources” section
- Community Resources for Science (CRS): http://www.crscience.org/educators/standardssupport
- Bozeman Science: http://www.bozemanscience.com/next-generation-science-standards/
Video seriesexplaining each Science & Engineering Practice, Crosscutting Concept and Disciplinary Core Idea
- Crosscutting Concept Posters from Science Illustrator John Muir Laws