THE DALY RALSTON RESOURCE CENTER
The Daly Ralston Resource Center has moved to 654 Minnesota St, San Francisco!
Monday & Wednesday 2:30-5:30pm Tuesday & Thursday 3:00-6:00pm, all other times by appointment only.
We look forward to seeing you soon!
Thank you – The SEP Team
THE DALY RALSTON RESOURCE CENTER
The cornerstone of all of SEP’s work is the Daly Ralston Resource Center, a lending library of materials to support hands-on health and science teaching. The Resource Center is open to all SFUSD teachers and UCSF volunteers in SFUSD. Our collection of thousands of items includes:
- over 120 wet human anatomical specimens
- animal skulls of 50 different species
- classroom sets of compound and dissecting microscopes
- anatomical models
- sets of scientific equipment
- curricula and activity guides
At the Resource Center, scientific equipment is stocked in sets of 20, so that even in large classes, students can work on science investigations in pairs. We also have “kits” – basically a “lesson-in-a-box” that includes all the materials you would need to complete a lesson with your entire class.
Visit the Resource Center:
Who can borrow materials:
Access to the Resource Center is free and open to all SFUSD teachers and UCSF students, staff and faculty, regardless of whether they are participants in other SEP programs.
Accessing the Building:
To access the Resource Center at 654 Minnesota, use the main entrance on Minnesota. Locate the directory and press the SEP Resource Center button. We will buzz you in.
Head down the long hallway on the first floor, along the right side of the staircase and look for the sign on the left side of the Hallway that says UCSF Science and Health Education Partnership – Resource Center. Knock and a staff member will open the door and greet you.
Monday and Wednesday 2:30 pm-5:30 pm
Tuesday and Thursday 3:00-6:00 pm
All other times by appointment.
The Resource Center is closed during SFUSD breaks and on SFUSD and UCSF holidays.
How it works:
1. Visit the Resource Center. The RC is staffed by SEP science educators who help you identify and check out materials and assist with planning lessons. You do not need an appointment to visit during the Resource Center’s open hours.
2. On your first visit, allow time to explore materials and learn our check-out procedures.
3. Browse materials in our online catalog at the RC or from your computer. You can reserve materials by phone or in person.
4. Check out materials! The loan period for materials is normally one week (two weeks for curriculum materials). During peak periods of use (February through April), loan periods may be shorter.
We look forward to your visit!
Directions to the New Resource Center at 654 Minnesota:
A detailed map to SEP can be found here.
There is free 1 hour parking around our building on Minnesota Street and 19th Street and a little further away on Tennessee St.
Walking from Mission Bay campus
From 4th and Campus Way walk on 4th Street south across 16th Street through the courtyard of the UCSF Medical Center, then cross Mariposa Street. 4th St turns into Minnesota Street. 654 Minnesota is on your right, just before Esprit Park. The walk takes about 10 minutes, see map.
Muni: KT Train, 22, 15, 55, or 48. Additional SF MUNI Information is available at: http://www.sfmta.com/cms/mmaps/official.htm
- Grey Shuttle from UCSF Parnassus Campus
- Gold or Blue Shuttles from Mount Zion or ZSFG
- Red Shuttle from BART 16th and Mission
The walk from the UCSF Medical Center at Mission Bay to the Resource Center at 654 Minnesota takes about 10 minutes. See walking directions. (View PDF of all UCSF shuttle schedules)
Resource Center phone: (415) 514-0585